We know that TMT bars are best for commercial houses in India due to it’s high strength, more durability and high elongation. Now, the question is among the various grades of TMT bars which is the ideal TMT grade for constructing commercial houses in India. In a large market like India various grades of TMT bars are available in market that are being used for the construction of residential, commercial and industrial projects. The Bureau of Indian Standards grades TMT bars based on their chemical composition and mechanical properties.
There are 4 main grades Fe 415, Fe 500, Fe 550, & Fe 600. According to the IS: 1786 both Fe 500 and Fe 500D are grade TMT steel bars are best for the construction of commercial buildings in India. Let’s decode the grades.
- ‘Fe’ means the iron. TMT bars are made of iron.
- “500” indicates the minimum yield stress is 500Nm/mm².
- “D” in Fe 500 D indicates the ductility. That means these steel bars have a higher percentage of elongation or seismic resistance. Fe 500D and Fe 500 has enhanced specified minimum percentage elongation of 16% and 12% respectively. So, Fe 500 D is more suitable for construction in earthquake zones 3, 4 & 5.
- Tensile strength(Min) for Fe 500 is 545 N/mm² and for Fe 500D it is 565 N/ mm².
- Always ensure that the TMT bar you are buying has corrosion-resistance and a water protection coating.
It is very important to choose the right TMT bar for a specific purpose because every steel bar is designed differently to serve different purposes. But the best thing is Tufcon TMT bars are high-quality and made by latest German Tempcore Technology. You can check the TMT bar price in India from our website. For more specific information, contact us now. Our experts will be very happy to assist you for choosing the perfect TMT bar that would be best suited to your construction needs.